Wednesday 1 February 2012

Longest Day Run in press

It was an email out of the blue. Had someone passed on a message? Were we being followed by a runner who just happened to be a journalist? Was it divine intervention? Ok, I'm getting silly now.  


Whatever it was, The Northern Running Guide thought that the Longest Day Run was interesting enough to write about, and today the article was published on their website. The logo (designed by our very own Twitter friend @cmmercer) looks great, but foolishly they also wanted an "action" photo of me too. I was at work, and all I had available on my laptop were the official photos of me from the 2009 Flora London Marathon. With the exception of my finisher's photo, the others were taken during the final mile of the race. By this stage my legs were so full of cramp that in each pic it looked as if I was standing still, hence the choice of photo!


If you haven't seen the article, well, here it is:


http://northernrunningguide.com/news.php/743/the_longest_run_of_your_year/full


My next plan is to email the editors of all of the running mags I can think of and anyone else who might have a few column inches desperate to be filled. 


The plan after that is to get a simple website set up. Well, there's no point having all of the domain names bought up and not using them now is there?


Alongside that I need to find a method of getting people to sign up & log their times other than me setting up a huge spreadsheet. Although, I'm not averse to a huge spreadsheet.


I still need to find time to think through the charity options so that we can have something tangible to show for our efforts on 23/24 June other than blisters and sunburn.


That's all for now folks, but I think I'm getting the hang of this blogging lark. I have never had a problem in waffling on aimlessly so please forgive me for the lack of a concise writing style.


I hope you're all running well & looking forward to the challenge ahead.


Cheers 


Simon

1 comment:

  1. Hello

    please let me know when you have a site set up for logging miles on Longest Day.

    Will be there ...

    Paul
    East End Road Runners

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment: